Ok, so based on the list of Goals for 2013, I’ve gotten a good bit of work done in the first 3 months of the year. Always room for improvement but not too shabby!
#2 Swim with Whales: Ok, well…this was a fail but it WAS an attempt so I’m counting it as done for this year. Something to try again next year.
#8 Sell a piece of art (and realize my childhood dream, which is #28 on the 40/40 list): Nothing yet.
#46 Scuba Diving: Continue practicing my SCUBA skills by going at least once this summer. Gonna use my new GoPro to capture the excitement that is the murky depths of the rock quarry.
#52 Read the Greatest Books Ever Written (#7 on the 40/40 list): Supposed to be working on at least 2 this year. Nada so far.
#65 Shout ‘Drinks Are on Me!’ in a Pub or Bar (#17 on the 40/40 list): Not yet.
#84 Learn to Ski (#32 on the 40/40 list): Went in January and had a blast.
Goals from my 40 Before I’m 40 List:
#1 Be Able to Do a Pull Up: Very much working on it. I can lift 100 pounds so far. About 35 pounds to go.
#11 Learn to Rock Climb: Went rock climbing on Pilot Mountain for “real” rock climbing a week ago. That’s where the photo above comes from. Post to come.
#12 Take a Cooking Class: Nothing yet.
#18 Watch the Top 250 IMDB List/Watch All of the Oscar Best Picture Winners: Nothing yet.
#25 Drink All the Beers on the GQ List: Nothing yet.
#31 Learn to swim (#87 on the 101 list: Conquer Your Fear): COMPLETED!
#36 Learn How to Ballroom Dance: Nada yet.
From the Sports List:
#18 Attend a rugby game (and learn the rules): Nope
#19 Attend a cricket game (and learn the rules): Nope
Things not on an official list but still want to try:
- I want to take a Stand Up Paddleboard lesson this spring or summer.
- I COMPLETED a really awesome ropes course adventure in February.
- I’ve scheduled fly fishing lessons for May.
- I’ve scheduled hang gliding in April.
- I’m doing a Big Wheel race in April!
- I plan to go on the Flying Trapeze in June.
- I’d like to try the Neon Splash Dash
- There is talk about going backpacking but I’m not sure about this one. Backpacking is an expensive endeavor and I’m not even sure I would like it (after all, I just went camping for the first time last year). I think I’ll try it for a weekend and see how I like it.
Think that’s enough? What’s on YOUR goals for 2013?