Since I began my quest towards 200 different beers at Flying Saucer, I’ve been intrigued by a certain category on the back of the “Fly Paper” (beer menu that lists the over 300 beers they have at any given time). The drinks in this section are a little different as they are beer cocktails: beers mixed with one another to make a new drink…and these count toward my total.
(Sorry for the picture quality but that’s a Cream of Wheat to the right. Most of the half and half beers stay layered, which I was trying to show in this picture, but dark bar + cell phone=crap photo).
Some are fairly common, but some are unique to Flying Saucer:
- Black and Tan-Bass and Guinness (tasty on St. Patrick’s Day )
- Black Velvet-Guinness and pear cider
- Humingbird Water-pear cider with raspberry lambic
- Lava Lamp-stout and lager with a splash of raspberry lambic
- Cream of Wheat-Stout and hefeweizen
- Chocolate Truffle-Chocolate stout with raspberry lambic
- Lime n’ Lager-Harp Lager with a splash of Sprite and a twist of lime.
- Raspberries n’ Cream-Raspberry lambic & a white ale
It’s probably because I like most of these on their own (raspberry lambic=liquid candy) but I’ve enjoyed all of these…very much. I’m up to 149…only 51 more beers to go!
Have you tried any of these? Have any beers you think I should get in during my last quarter of the list?